I remember teaching Quazzy the breathing sequence his first class. And I am so proud of his evolution as a teacher. The past 3 years, I have watched him improve his anatomy, care for his students and allowed his character to develop. He is clearly inspired and now, let him inspire you.
1. How long have you been teaching?
Summer 2014 - Yoga To The People TT20 baby!
2. What motivated you to start teaching and what have you learnt from teaching?
My first Yoga class was with a guy named Johnny, and Johnny is a former tough guy turned Yogi Bad Ass. I experienced a yoga class in a way I otherwise thought non existent.
3. What is something that you have learnt from a fellow teacher?
"Don't Fuck It Up". Unpacking that:
1. Be aware of your students.
2. Know your material.
3. Be helpful in a way that supports the teaching and not the ego.
4. How many times a week do you practice?
I breathe everyday.
5. Who inspires your practice?
God. Kobe. Kanye. The Sag (Saginaw Michigan). Peace. Love. Light.
6. Why is it necessary for you to practice?
Life is inherently practice, and I choose to live because I love.
7. What message do you like to spread through teaching?
Breathing, and the Subtle Body.
8. Where are you currently teaching?
Yoga To The People and Cross Fit Bridge and Tunnel.
9. How has yoga helped your character develop?
Now, I'm Quazzy Quaz in HD.
10.What has kept you practicing all these years?
The undeniable evidence of change.
11. What is your Instagram, Twitter and Faacebook name?
Catch me Earf. Nuff said.